Define Your Niche!
With more and more people launching their own businesses, it can be tough to distinguish yourself in your market. What would make someone hire you as a wedding photographer over Joe down the street who just bought himself a camera last week? Are you feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of competitors in your field?
When your industry feels FLOODED with other people doing the exact same thing as you, it’s time to build a business that serves fewer people. Wait, what? Yep. You read that correctly. Building a business that markets to FEWER people can make you MORE money.
Stop screaming to the masses and start nonstop booking or selling to a dedicated, loyal tribe to make more money for your business by creating a "niche". The bigger your industry gets, the more you have to focus your genre and your audience that you want to target. The bigger the industry, the more focused you’ve got to get!
BENEFITS OF CREATING A NICHE:
- You’ll be viewed as a specialist in a sector of your industry and therefore you’ll be the customer’s first choice.
- People have a reason to talk about you and tell their friends about you.
- People are willing to a pay higher price for a better targeted product.
- You’ll have a higher & faster conversion to sale, because you’re talking to people that are already interested.
HOW TO CREATE & DEFINE A NICHE!
STEP ONE // Define your expertise.
STEP TWO // List your passions, your hobbies, your style.
STEP THREE // List your favorite clientele to work with.
STEP FOUR // Combine all of those things, then figure out if there would be a demand in that niche for your services. If that’s a yes, BAM, you’ve found your niche. Start catering to them, friend.
EXAMPLES OF KILLER COMPANIES SERVING UNIQUE NICHES:
- Expertise: Editor/Writer/Journalist
- Style: Rock & Roll
- Favorite Clientele: Wedding Couples
- Niche = A Wedding Magazine featuring rock-and-roll couples with untraditional wedding ceremonies.
- Expertise: Cleaning Products
- Passion: Chemical Free
- Favorite Clientele: Families
- Niche = Safe household cleaning products made without health-compromising chemicals
- Expertise: Textile Design
- Hobby: Surfing
- Favorite Clientele: Surfers
- Niche = Art-inspired beach towels made for all bodies of water